Tips & Tricks
How to get ½ an egg
- Crack an egg into a small bowl or custard cup
- Beat the egg to combine the yolk & white, being careful not to over-beat
- Pour out half of the beaten egg to get ½ an egg
Alternatively, see our Tip for moister bread.
An alternative to ½ an egg
- Use a whole egg instead of half of an egg. This will make a moister product but may increase the baking time a little.
- Wash your dishes while the mix is baking. The batter is much easier to get off while wet.
Things we don't recommend
- Non-stick sprays
- Aluminum foil instead of parchment paper
- Glass pans (except for brownies)